Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Drawings and Quilty Goodness

The latest in a new series I have started. I've always loved and feared(traumatizing childhood experience with a cockatoo) birds of all sorts. I'm excited about this series since I've decided to incorporate some embroidery with it. Oooo such fun.

Such lovely and oddly colored orchids my mom found at a grocery store and brought over before our trip to the quilt class. I have an obsession with all things mustard yellow. Don't know why, I've just loved the color for such a long time and my mom picked these up when she spotted the color. I absolutely love having flowers and plants in the house.

So, here is my lovely unfinished quilt square. I still have to join the side squares into strips to get to a stopping point. After 3.5 hours we still didn't finish our blocks so I have to go back on February 4th for a quick 1 hour class to join the strips and make the border. I think I have been bitten by the quilting bug. Oh how I want to make a full sized quilt! So exciting and much less intimidating than I thought it would be. However, I did manage to mess up on my seam allowances and had to make all of my individual squares a half inch smaller. Sigh...

Oh look at this yummy stack of fabric!!!!!!
It makes me just squeal with delight at all the possibilities. Most of it is destined to become a cute little wedding bunting. I am getting married this year in October and I want to make a bunting to hang in the trees or around the buffet table at the reception. The wedding colors are blue and of course my favorite yellow. :)
My biggest dilemma at the moment is what shape to use and what pattern to quilt them in. Decisions decisions.....