Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh, what crafty goodness!

This past Saturday was both mine and my fiance's birthday( yes, we have the same bday minus the 5 year difference). We had a lovely late lunch at Buca di Bepo(an Italian Restaurant served family style) after going to the movies treated to us by my mom. But, the highlight was all the goodies we received. I was especially excited by the yarn and new patchwork book. I have been wanting oh so badly to do some quilting but I am admittedly terrified by the thought of it. I imagine tons of pieces and need of precision that I just don't posses. However, the little projects in the Stash Happy book seem much less intimidating. I think I may have to try to make a few of these cute little projects.


Wonky and quilt are two words I have never really associated with each other. My fiance's grandmother is an amazing hand sewing quilt artist who this past December won first place at an Alabama state competition. Her quilts are what I envision a quilt should be, wonky is not. But, I think I could pull off wonky and may have to try. These houses are so cute, albeit delightfully wonky.




My fiance received some metal figures to put together and paint. I was oh so happy to see him crafting. :)

 And I could not help but take advantage of the rainbows my crystals cast on the candle holder dragon that he also got for his birthday. So magical. :)