Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Giddy with excitement...

I will be attending a quilting class this Saturday at Joann's Craft Store with my wonderful mother who signed us up as a birthday gift. I mentioned that  have wanted to learn to quilt for a while and she said the same. I'm so excited and slightly scared. haha. Cutting things with precision has never been my strong suit (as is evident by several college design grades) but I am definitely hoping for the best.:)
Quilting Basics - Quilting 101
One 2½ -hr session

• Basic quilting techniques
• Rotary cutting & pressing
So excited!!!!! And the best part is getting to shop for the fabrics, which is a perfect excuse to visit some of the local shops like www.thequiltingsquares.com/ .
Oh and going through some images on my computer I found a lil' painting of mine that was in a show at the lowercase gallery in Murfreesboro last spring. :)